Forest-Water Interactions with respect to Air Pollution and Climate Change
September 3-6, 2012, Kahramanmaraş, TURKEY
Forest and water is one of the high priority areas of IUFRO. The forest-water interaction becomes a major concern in both local and global scales due to anthropogenic stressors like climate change and air pollution. Therefore, the management of forests towards water and carbon management and air pollution mitigation becomes a challenging issue and concern to be addressed. The aim of the conference is to provide a harmonization of forests, water cycle, climate change and air pollution issues. Presentations are welcome from various geographies on ecological, economical and social aspects of listed conference topics.
- New watershed management concepts
- Nutrient, water and carbon cycles in ecosystems
- Air pollution and forest hydrology
- Hydroecology of stream corridors
- Riparian ecosystems and their restoration
- Landscape Ecology and Planning
- Adaptation to climate change with focus on Mediterranean ecosystems
- Urbanization as a stressor for forests
- Water stress in terrestrial ecosystems
- Erosion and sedimentation in relation with climate change
- Desertification and its consequences
- Water quality, quantity and regime
- GIS Applications in planning natural resources
- Forest fires ecology and management
- Carbon balance in forest ecosystems by Janusz Olejnik, PULS, Poznan, POLAND
- Modelling human impacts in urban watersheds by Yusuf Serengil, Istanbul University, TURKEY
- Land Use/Cover and Water Quality/Quantity linkages in Coastal Alabama, USA by Latif Kalin, Auburn University, USA
- Landscapes, people, and ecosystem services in a changing world by Jiquen Chen, Toledo University, USA
Grants Travel grants for speakers from COST countries are available, following contacts with the local organiser Yusuf Serengil.
Programme The programme can be downloaded from here New
Proceedings Submissions to iForest - Biogeosciences and Forestry are welcome. Please follow the guidelines available at the journal website http://www.sisef.it/iforest and submit your manuscript via the online tool. Please add a cover letter mentioning the conference and suggesting Elena Paoletti as Editor. The deadline for submission is November 30.